- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Affordable Housing Links
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- HUD is a federal government agency that promotes affordable housing through various programs including Section 8 housing certificates and assisting first time home- buyers with down payments etc.www.hud.gov.
- Fannie Mae
- Fannie Mae is a major home loan organization which started an initiative to help persons with disabilities to purchase housing. Fannie Mae is calling this program the HOME CHOICE program. To find out more about the HOME CHOICE program please visit Fannie Mae's website at www.fanniemae.com or www.homepath.com.
- California Coalition for Rural Housing
- The California Coalition for Rural Housing is statewide nonprofit organization that works to ensure affordable housing opportunities for low income households in California. www.calruralhousing.org.
- Housing Rights Commission of San Francisco
- The Housing Rights Commission of San Francisco works to ensure quality affordable housing in San Francisco. www.hrcsf.org.
- National Housing Law Project
- National Housing Law Project is a national housing law and advocacy center, their goal is to advance and preserve the supply of decent affordable housing. www.nhlp.org.
- Housing California
- Housing California is focused to build support for policies and programs that expand the availability of affordable housing, health care, education, and community economic development.www.housingca.org.
- Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)
- The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)- HCD is California's principal housing agency, our mission is to provide leadership, policies and programs to expand and preserve safe and affordable housing opportunities and promote strong communities for all Californians. The Department performs three primary functions:
- Administers State and Federal housing finance, housing rehabilitation, and economic development programs.
- Promotes the development of housing through policies and programs, including administration of Housing Element Law and the development of information for the Governor, the Legislature, and the public on housing need and availability.
- Analyzes, enforces and participates in the development of building codes, manufactured housing standards, and mobile home park and employee housing regulations. www.hcd.ca.gov.
- California Housing Finance Agency (CHFA)
- CHFA's Mission is to finance below-market rate loans to create safe, decent, and affordable rental housing and to assist first-time home buyers in achieving the dream of homeownership. www.chfa.ca.gov.