- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Affordable Housing Resources
There are several affordable housing programs available to the public. They are administered by public and private agencies that can assist persons and agencies with acquiring affordable housing.
- California Housing Finance Agency (CHFA) - A loan program that offers reduced interest rates for multifamily permanent housing projects that serve disabled tenants in need of special services, and administers the California Homebuyers' Down-Payment Assistance Program. For more information visit the CHFA website.
- Section 8 Homeownership Program - A program administered through Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that allows use of Fair Share (Section 8) vouchers for homeownership. For more information visit the HUD website.
- Housing Authorities - The State of California does not own or operate public housing; public housing is administered directly through local Public Housing Authorities (PHAs). For a complete list of housing authorities, go to: housing.hcd.ca.gov/hpd/hrc/tech/contacts.htm.
- For those jurisdictions that do not have a local PHA, the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) has a Housing Assistance Program (HAP) that administers the Section 8 program in those counties. HCD acts as the local housing authority for twelve rural counties. The counties are listed below: