- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
California's Special Education program is administered by the California Department of Education. Special Education is instruction that is specially designed to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities. Special Education is provided at no cost to parents. Assistive Technology (AT) equipment and services identified on the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP) as necessary to assist a child in the educational process may be purchased by the school district.
Special Education Eligibility
- Children with disabilities, including but not limited to, sensory (hearing, vision, or speech/language), orthopedic impairments, mental retardation, autism, serious emotional disturbance, and other health impairments.
- Children who meet the above criteria who are between the ages of three (3) through 21 years.
Services and Equipment funded by Special Education
- Commercial equipment or product system, modified or customized for the student. The particular device would be obtained if AT is needed to increase, maintain or improve functional capabilities of the student with a disability.
For more information on Special Education services in your area, contact your school district office.