Leadership Through Personal Change: Think - Plan - Do
This guide is to help people with developmental disabilities to have self-determined lives. To learn simple ways, using supports, everyone can participate in directing their futures.
Strategy for Support
Think-Plan-Do is the way the Consumer Advisory Committee uses to identify leadership goals and carry out plans for everyday life.
The guides and stories on video are divided into four areas. Under each area are stories to assist you with your goals. There are 15 topics. These guides help you to use Think-Plan-Do: How to think about what you want, create a plan to get there, and take action to be successful.
Planning and Decision Making
- Making a Decision: Guide | Play Video
- Mission Statement: Guide | Play Video
- Organizing and Planning: Guide | Play Video
- Finding a Mentor: Guide | Play Video
Taking Care of Yourself
- Being Calm and Relaxed: Guide | Play Video
- Being Healthy: Guide | Play Video
- Professional Image: Guide | Play Video
- Managing My Money: Guide | Play Video
Listening and Speaking
- Listening & Asking Questions: Guide | Play Video
- Accepting Advice: Guide | Play Video
- Public Speaking: Guide | Play Video
- Leading My Own Team Meeting: Guide | Play Video
Making Goals Happen
- Finding a Job: Guide | Play Video
- Building a Career: Guide | Play Video
- Having My Own Business: Guide | Play Video
If you have any questions concerning the guides and videos, please contact the Office of Human Rights and Advocacy at (916) 654-1888 or TTY (916) 654-2054.