- What's New
- Developmental Center Closures
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Risk Management
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 19,720,437 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 4039 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE - Disparity Stakeholder Meeting Series
DDS is hosting four meetings throughout the state to discuss and develop strategies for addressing disparities in purchase of service. The meetings are open to the public and aim to gather feedback from stakeholders, including consumers and families, advocates and regional centers’ staff.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Compliance Funding
The 2016 Budget contains $15 million to help fund changes necessary for regional center service providers to come into compliance with federal HCBS rules.
- Employment and Day Programs Report
This report is developed per policy decision and is critical for the administration of employment and day program services to improve employment outcomes for individuals with developmental disabilities.