- What's New
- Sonoma Developmental Center News
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support Professional Training
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 16,098,070 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 16446 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Plan for the Closure of Sonoma Developmental Center
- The Closure Plan outlines the important parameters and principles that will affect future planning and implementation efforts as the closure of SDC progresses.
- Self-Determination Program
- The revised Self-Determination Program Waiver application was resubmitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on September 29, 2015.
- Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint for Reform
- Information on the development and implementation of the Blueprint to improve Competitive Integrated Employment Outcomes.