- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 13,179,520 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 4093 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- The Department of Developmental Services is proud to support National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). Held each October, NDEAM aims to educate about disability employment issues and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America's workers with disabilities.
- DC Task Force Implementation Workgroups - 2014
- The Department has invited stakeholder representatives to participate in a series of statewide workgroup meetings in late August and early September. The workgroups are part of a stakeholder process to gather input on proposals implementing the DC Task Force Recommendations passed with the 2014-15 Budget and the development of related regulations.