- What's New
- Consumer Privacy
- Community Training & Event Calendar
- DCs Task Force
- Mental Health Services Act
- Quality Assessment
- DDS Safety Net
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
There have been 11,891,221 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 2312 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- 82nd Annual State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. will kick-off the holiday season on Thursday, December 12th on the West Steps of the State Capitol.
- National Core Indicators Adult Consumer Survey Results, FY 2011-2012
- The State can use NCI reports to monitor changes in the system and to guide strategic planning and quality improvement activities. Regional centers can use the data in a similar fashion at the local level.
- Uniform Holiday Schedule
- Pursuant to Welfare & Institutions Code section 4692 (e), the Department of Developmental Services is adjusting the Uniform Holiday Schedule for specified vendors in Fiscal Year 2013-14.