- What's New
- Developmental Center Closures
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Risk Management
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 20,145,300 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 615 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- HCBS Compliance Funding Extended
The deadline for service providers to submit proposals for HCBS compliance activities funding is extended to October 31, 2016.
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Provider Rate Increases
Questions and answers related to service provider rate increases that went into effect on July 1, 2016.