1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Training Program Implementation
The Regional Occupational Centers and Programs (ROCPs) are implementing the Direct Support Professional Training for the Department of Developmental Services. The following is a list of the ROCPs' responsibilities and key implementation dates.
- Local ROCPs are responsible for recruiting trainers; training, evaluation and oversight of trainers; identifying training sites; scheduling and advertising testing and training sessions; registration and records maintenance; and providing challenge testing and direct care staff training.
- Each participating local ROCP has established an ROCP Training Advisory Committee with representatives from regional centers, CCF administrators, and direct support professionals. The local Advisory Committees provide input on local implementation issues, including location and scheduling of training, and outreach to direct support professionals.
- Direct support staff in service levels 2, 3, and 4 community care facilities employed on or after January 1, 2001, have one year from date of hire to satisfactorily complete the first 35-hour training (Year 1) and two years from the date of hire to complete the second 35-hour training (Year 2).
- Direct support staff in service levels 2, 3, and 4 community care facilities employed before January 1, 2001 should have satisfactorily completed the entire 70 hours of training by January 1, 2003.