1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
What's New on Direct Support Professional Training Program
- Year 1 / Year 2 - Trainer and Student Resource Guides
- Year 1 and Year 2 Direct Support Professional Training Trainer and Student Resource Guides have been updated.
- DSPT Videos are available on the DDS YouTube Channel
- Videos include Self-Medication, Dental Care, and Handwashing and Gloving
- Direct Support Staff Turnover Study
- Year Two Summary is available.
- Direct Support Professional Training Survey Report (PDF)
- An Analysis of the 2002 Survey of Direct Support Professional Training at California's Regional Occupational Centers and Programs.
- Resource Links
- Disability information and resource links.
- DSPT Challenge Test Skill Check demonstration
- Beginning September 2007 the DSP training Year 1 and Year 2 challenge tests will incorporate a skill check component. The skill check component will require DSPs to demonstrate how to correctly assist consumers with the self-administration of medications, which aligns the challenge test with the requirements of the 70-hour training.
- Additional Testing Requirements: August 10, 2007 letter to all Community Care Facilities, Regional Occupational Programs, and Regional Centers.