- Developmental Centers Home Page
- Developmental Centers Policy and Initatives
- Lanterman Closure News
- Sierra Vista
- Canyon Springs
- DC Public Notices
- Regional Resource Development Projects
- Employment Opportunities
- Developmental Centers Population
- Restraint Data for DCs
- Schedules of Residential Care and Treatment Costs
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Developmental Centers Initiatives Underway
Bioethics & End of Life Care
Many individuals within the DC system are aging and have increased health and medical conditions requiring frequent and/or ongoing medical care including the need for end of life care when appropriate. Each DC is licensed and certified as a General Acute Care hospital and has additional requirements associated with the POLST (Physician's Order for Life Sustaining Treatment) within the acute care facility. As the DC population ages there become increased opportunities to consider compassionate end of life care. The facilities:
- In concert with Health Care Best Practice Guidelines, review and analyze current bioethics and Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)/Do Not Treat (DNT) policies, procedures and practices at state and facility levels.
- Develop a Best Practice Guideline around DNR/DNT.
- Develop a bioethics seminar and use train-the-trainer approach to disseminate to DCs.