- Developmental Centers Home Page
- Developmental Centers Policy and Initatives
- Sierra Vista
- Canyon Springs
- Lanterman Closure News
- DC Public Notices
- Regional Resource Development Projects
- Employment Opportunities
- Developmental Centers Population
- Restraint Data for DCs
- Schedules of Residential Care and Treatment Costs
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Developmental Centers Initiatives Underway
Internal Oversight Team at Lanterman Developmental Center During Closure
As the population of individuals living at Lanterman Developmental Center (LDC) decreases, it will be necessary to consolidate operations to maintain cost efficiency, minimize disruption of services and support quality service delivery to residents. A carefully planned system is being developed and implemented for internal reviews for quality assurance. This will include but not be limited to:
- Monitoring transition activities, resident movement, and plans for timing of building/residence consolidations/closures.
- Monitoring staff attrition and anticipated changes in resources, and developing strategies to ensure a stable workforce that is competent to manage all acuity levels.
- Monitoring resident care indicators and recommending preventative strategies to continuously minimize disruption in physical, caregiving and social environments for individuals residing at facility.