- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Diagnostic Information and Instruments
The Client Development Evaluation Report (CDER) is an instrument used to collect diagnostic and evaluation information on individuals with developmental disabilities. A CDER is completed by a regional center or developmental center on each individual at the time of the initial Individual Program Plan (IPP) and is updated whenever there is a new IPP.
In January 2008, the Department began transitioning its CDER database to a revised instrument with more current diagnostic standards and updated evaluation questions. This transition took place in phases with the full transition completed in July 2011. While some of the revised CDER information is similar to that from the prior system, many data items are changed or new information from these items will not be comparable to prior information.
Quarterly CDER Client Characteristics Reports
- Quarterly Client Characteristics Report
- Statewide summary demographic and diagnostic information by regional center, developmental center, qualifying diagnosis, ethnicity, and age.
- Quarterly Client Characteristics by County of Residence
- Demographic and diagnostic information by county of residence.
- Data Interpretation Considerations and Limitations (PDF)
- Information to assist users in interpreting changes in the numbers from one quarterly report to another.
- CDER Materials for Regional Centers
- The CDER has changed since the beginning of January 3, 2011, to comply with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements to use ICD-10 codes for medical diagnosis and inpatient procedure coding.