- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was signed into federal law in 1996 (PL 104-191). The Administrative Simplification section of the law will impact the Department of Developmental Services, State Developmental Centers, Regional Centers and the developmental disabilities service delivery system.
- What is HIPAA?
- A short description of the HIPAA Administrative Simplification regulations.
- Links and Resources
|DDS HIPAA Contacts||HIPAA Involvement|