- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
This policy is posted pursuant to recent changes in state law (Senate Bill 129 of the 1999-2000 Regular Session of the California State Legislature).
- The California Health and Human Services Agency (the Agency) and each of its departments, offices, boards and commissions obtain personally identifiable data only through lawful means.
- Personally identifiable data collected by the Agency and its subdivisions are relevant to the purposes for which they are collected. The Agency and its subdivisions specify the reasons for collection of personally identifiable data at or before the time of collection.
- The Agency and its subdivisions do not disclose, make available, or use any personally identifiable data for purposes other than the reasons specified at or before the time of collection without the consent of the subject of the data or as authorized by law or regulation.
- All personal information collected and maintained by the Agency and its subdivisions is secured against loss, damage, modification or unauthorized disclosure. The Agency and its subdivisions use multiple technological and procedural approaches to protect against unauthorized disclosure of this information pursuant to current law and practice. These practices and policies are reviewed regularly.
These policies have been developed and are maintained in accordance with the Information Practices Act of 1977 (Title 1.8 (commencing with Section 1798) of Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code) and according to Section 11019.9 of the Government Code.
Should you need further information or have questions about the privacy of personally identifiable data maintained by the Agency and its subdivisions, please contact:Elizabeth Hibbert, Privacy Officer
Department of Developmental Services
1600 Ninth Street, Room 220
Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 654-2120