- What's New
- Consumer Privacy
- Community Training & Event Calendar
- DCs Task Force
- Mental Health Services Act
- Quality Assessment
- DDS Safety Net
1600 9th Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4571 (enacted 2009), consolidated two data collection efforts: The Evaluation of People with Developmental Disabilities Moving from Developmental Centers into the Community, and the Life Quality Assessments (LQA). Data collection was consolidated into the Quality Assessment Services project to provide a single, nationally validated instrument, which will allow the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to collect statewide and regional center data to assess the satisfaction and success of consumers through the delivery of quality services and supports.
In 2009, DDS established membership with the National Core Indicators (NCI) program to meet the statutory requirements. Through the use of the NCI survey instruments, DDS collects data on consumer satisfaction, provision of services, and personal outcomes. This data collection effort will enable DDS to evaluate the quality and performance of California's developmental disabilities service delivery system over time.
The NCI program is a multi-state collaboration, measuring the quality and performance of states' developmental service systems. Thirty five states currently participate in the NCI program.
In California, the State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) collects the data for this project using the NCI survey instrument. SCDD's knowledge of data collection dates back to 2004 when SCDD collected data for the LQA, which concluded in 2009.
- National Core Indicators (NCI) Brochure (PDF)
- Quality Assessment Presentation in Plain Language
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Using National Core Indicators (NCI) Data for Quality Improvement Initiatives (PDF)
Pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code Section 4571(h) the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has posted for public review California’s first statewide data from the National Core Indicators Adult Consumer Survey report on its website. These data are comprised of consumer responses on 93 quality of life and satisfaction questions. The data in the statewide report provides a baseline for measuring how California’s developmental disabilities service delivery system is performing over time.
- National Core Indicators Family Survey Results, FY 2010-2011 (PDF)
- What We Learned from the National Core Indicators (NCI) Adult Consumer survey: NCI Results from People Across California in 2010 User-Friendly Version (PDF)
- National Core Indicators Adult Consumer Survey Report, Fiscal Year 2010-11 (Pages 882 - PDF)
- Regional Center National Core Indicator (NCI) reports