1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Wellness Health Fitness Projects
- Central Valley Regional Center
- Development of a Healthy Lifestyle (00/01)
- This project developed a comprehensive fitness program for consumers and documented the health benefits of the program. The project collaborated with
The Lifestyles Exercise Center.
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Get Fit, Not Fat (04/05)
- This project is developing and implementing an educational program for consumers and program staff focused on exercise and nutrition. It will implement structured exercise programs, provide hands-on educational sessions, implement regular peer support programs, and organize a competition between consumers of the participating regional centers.
- Frank D. Lanterman and Harbor Regional Centers
- Get Fit/ Stay Fit (05/06)
- This project is designed to improve the health status of adult clients with physical and sensory disabilities through adaptive exercise and sport, improved nutrition and support.
- Harbor Regional Center
- Medical Training & Support: Improving Lives of Clients in Supported Living (01/02)
- This project was designed to increase the awareness and the ability to follow medication regimens for consumers who are on medication and living independently.
- Regional Center of the East Bay
- Healthy Education and Support for Adults Living Independently (00/01)
- This project piloted a health education and support group model for adults with developmental disabilities who live independently and have a chronic health condition.
- San Andreas Regional Center
- Sexuality Training & Counseling Consumers & Families (01/02)
- This project educated parents/consumers about sexuality and social sexual issues. The project also trained mental health crisis professionals about sexual assault and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in persons with developmental disabilities.
- San Diego Regional Center
- Stepping Out (04/05)
- This project will develop a collaborative effort between San Diego Regional Center, day programs, and self-advocacy groups to provide training for consumers on physical activity, nutrition, and weight control.
- Enhancing the Health of People with Developmental Disabilities (04/05)
- This project will provide training and support in the early identification of illness or changes in health status to residential, independent living, supported living, and day program staff and will train them in how to obtain appropriate medical treatment.
- San Gabriel/Pomona Regional Center
- Nutrition & Fitness Education Program (04/05)
- This project will develop a nutrition & fitness program for consumers who have children and their families. This project will also develop a training curriculum and train those identified as being at risk.
- Stay Well and Healthy (01/02)
- This project provided persons with developmental disabilities, who are aging and living in community settings, with comprehensive preventive health care evaluations, health improvement education and access to community health resources.
- South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
- Pathways to Healthy Living: Nutrition and Fitness (05/06)
- This project is designed to: provide a series of training sessions for care providers, family members and independent/supportive living skills specialists that will focus on nutrition, fitness and wellness to strengthen the efforts of weight management day program. The project will also develop a video with consumers who have been successful with losing weight.
- Tri-Counties Regional Center
- Health Training Series (04/05)
- This project will develop resources for a Health Training Series for consumers, families, and providers to: promote healthcare; increase the number of health professionals providing quality care to consumers; increase awareness of diabetes prevention, nutrition, and weight reduction; increase self health advocacy; enhance the skills & knowledge of staff and families to recognize changes in health status & assist them in finding care; improve health/services documentation.
- Westside Regional Center
- Peer Mentor Health Lifestyle Coach Agency (05/06)
- This project is designed to create a consumer-directed independent living skills agency staffed by individuals with developmental disabilities with a focus on healthy lifestyles.
- Health and Fitness Lifestyle (04/05)
- This project will enroll consumers identified through the Diabetes Identification & Assessment Project in the Lifestyle Change Program. It is designed to promote weight loss, increase physical activity, & decrease the risks of diabetes and complications. Lastly, it will identify all consumers within the study population receiving anti-psychotic medications & ascertain if appropriate weight gain and diabetes screening is occurring.
- Diabetes Management and Prevention for Consumers Living Semi-Independently (03/04)
- This project identified consumers with, or at risk for diabetes, determined treatment compliance and access to appropriate medical care, measured the change in treatment compliance and health improvement and access to comprehensive care. This project also created a health care booklet, resource guide, and CD-Rom for consumers, families, and support staff.