1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Wellness Oral Health Projects
- Alta California Regional Center (ACRC funded)
- Dental Equipment (98)
- This project purchased portable and stationary dental equipment, surgical instruments, and dental supplies for Colusa Community Hospital and Barton Memorial Hospital to enhance access to dental care for consumers who require anesthetization. Purchases were completed by June 1998.
- Dental Screening (98)
- This project funded dental screening and oral health care instructions for consumer and care giver in the consumers' homes. This project was completed in June 1998.
- Preventative Dental Systems (96-97)
- This project established a dental clinic to serve persons with developmental disabilities; trained dental professionals to provide care to persons with developmental disabilities; and educated and trained individuals with developmental disabilities and their parents or care givers to monitor oral health and provide effective dental hygiene. The project was completed in June 1998.
- Central Valley Regional Center
- Improving Oral Health Through a Community-Based Dental Program (98-99)
- This project will establish a community-based system in which a consortium
of agencies and individuals will identify problems and resources within
the community to assure appropriate referrals for preventative and dental
- Far Northern Regional Center
- Adopt-A-Home Preventive Dentistry (98-99)
- This project will link volunteer professionals with consumers for dental treatment services. It will also link volunteer professionals with care providers for training in oral care.
- Dental Project (92)
- Using their own funds, Far Northern Regional Center established hospital-based dentistry to enhance access to dental care for consumers who require anesthetization. This regional center also implemented the Adopt-a-Home model for consumers.
- Inland Regional Center
- Oral Health (98-99)
- This project will develop coalitions and coordinate existing local resources
to increase the number of consumers receiving yearly treatment and preventative
services. Included is a system to monitor the use of local oral health
- North Bay Regional Center
- Improving Oral Health Through a Community-Based Dental Program (98-99)
- This project will establish a community-based system where a consortium of agencies and individuals identify problems and resources within the community.
- Pediatric Dental Initiative of the North Coast (04/05)
- This project is designed to increase access to hospital-based dentistry services for persons with developmental disabilities by identifying needed equipment and launching a referral process. A dental surgery center will provide services.
- North Los Angeles County Regional Center
- Dental Care Awareness (96-97)
- Completed in December 1998, this project made available curricula and
multi-lingual instructional materials in good dental practices for consumers,
families, service providers and dental practitioners.
- Redwood Coast Regional Center
- Community Oral Health Prevention Protocols for the Use of Chemotherapeutic Agents with Special Patient Populations (01/02)
- This project planned and convened a one-day conference in the use of chemotherapeutic agents to prevent dental disease. It developed a summary of literature in this area, and developed and disseminated protocols for use in special populations.
- Two Strategies For Enhancing Dental Health: The Adopt-a-Home Program and Telemedicine Tools for Dentistry (98-99)
- This project will address the need for on-going support in maintaining oral hygiene through the establishment of an Adopt-A-Home model. This project will also target the need for on-going support of community dental professionals who provide treatment for consumers through the purchase of intraoral cameras for each of three telemedicine sites.
- Community-Based Hospital Dentistry (96-97)
- Completed in June 1998, this project:
- Purchased and installed dental equipment in local hospitals to enhance access to dental care for consumers who require anesthetization;
- conducted dental screenings;
- initiated oral hygiene and desensitization training for families and care givers; and
- provided a course in preventative dental care to community dental hygienists.
- Pyramid Training and Adopt-a-Home Program for Dental Hygiene Programs (96-97)
- Completed in June 1998, this project established a collaborative relationship
between the regional center and the local dental hygiene community for
screening and referral.
- Regional Center of the East Bay
- Community-Based Oral Health System to Increase Access to Local Dentists and Improve Prevention Activities (98-99)
- This project will establish a community-based oral health system with
triage and referral, increased treatment at local dental offices, and
increased prevention programs.
- San Andreas Regional Center
- Oral Health: A Community-Based Dental Program (98-99)
- This project will establish a system to identify consumers in need of
dental care as well as a referral source for obtaining treatment services.
This project will also establish a dental hotline for service and care
providers to access information and training in oral health maintenance.
- San Diego Regional Center
- Improving the Dental Health of Persons with Developmental Disabilities (98-99)
- This project will utilize telemedicine technology to improve access to specialized oral health services for consumers and families in Imperial County.
- Oral Hygiene Training (96-97)
- Completed in June 1998, this project developed an oral hygiene training
program for consumers.
- South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
- Dental Wellness (98-99)
- This project will identify additional dentists and dental programs to
increase consumer access to quality dental services. In addition, training
on consumer oral health care will be provided to dental professionals
and care providers.
- Tri-Counties Regional Center
- Dental Wellness (96-97)
- This project provided training on prevention and oral hygiene. The project
focused on dental treatment to consumers with the greatest needs and the
least amount of resources to meet those needs.
- Westside Regional Center
- Managing Long-Term Dental Outcomes in Persons with Developmental Disabilities (98-99)
- This project will provide improved dental care for individuals who have medical and/or neurological conditions, or who otherwise are unable to cooperate during dental treatment.
- Dental Care (96-97)
- Completed in June 1998, this project identified dental professionals with experience in working with persons with developmental disabilities. This project conducted desensitization to dental work and stress reduction of consumers through education and relaxation techniques.