1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Wellness Training Projects For Consumers & Service Providers
- Central Valley Regional Center/Kern Regional Center
- Wellness Education for Consumers (97-98)
- This project will produce a series of educational videos on health topics
to be made available to consumer self-advocacy and empowerment groups.
- Far Northern Regional Center
- Self-Advocacy and Consumer Health and Wellness Program (97-98)
- This project's goal is to increase self-advocacy and to empower individual
consumers and their families to effectively manage their health needs
through peer training and use of a Health Check List.
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Managed Care Guide for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (96-97)
- This project developed a Managed Care Guide to assist consumers and
their families in selecting a health plan as well as teach them self-advocacy
strategies in accessing health care.
- Redwood Coast Regional Center/Far Northern Regional Center / Valley Mountain Regional Center / Regional Center of the East Bay
- Creating a Model of Sexual Victimization Prevention and Treatment of Sex Offender Behavior in Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (97-98)
- This project formed a collaboration among four regional centers to develop
and implement a treatment paradigm and training program for the prevention
of sexual victimization.
- San Diego Regional Center
- Safety Training and Awareness for Parents with Developmental Disabilities (97-98)
- This project will train consumers with children on parenting and health issues.
- Education Program on Managed Care (96-97)
- This project trained consumers, families and care providers on managed
care and health plan options to assist them in selecting the health care
plan best matched to individual consumer needs.
- San Gabriel/Pomona Regional Center
- Health Issues Seminars (96-97)
- This project sponsored a series of seminars on health related issues
for consumers, family members, service providers and volunteers.
- South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
- Health Training for Consumers and Providers (96-97)
- This project developed and implemented training modules on basic health care to increase the knowledge of consumers and providers. These were developed in two different languages.