1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Wellness Training Projects For Physicians & Medical Professionals
- Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center
- Enhanced Medical Expertise and Services (96-97)
- Training Curriculum for Physicians
- These projects developed curricula and training materials to enhance
physicians' knowledge of the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Nursing Care Guidelines (97-98)
- This project is developing nursing care guidelines for regional center
nurses who provide community-based services. The guidelines will include
comprehensive assessment tools and observation techniques. Also included
is a health passport, a portable medical record system.
- Physician Education Demonstration Project (96-97)
- This project produced a training videotape focusing on interactions between physicians and patients with developmental disabilities. This tape illustrates the issues and problems that physicians typically describe in serving this population.
- Harbor Regional Center
- Physician Symposium Materials (97-98)
- This project developed educational materials used at a symposium to
educate health care professionals on current issues of perinatal substance
- Redwood Coast Regional Center
- Enhanced Medical and Dental Services (96-97)
- This project provided training for physicians, mental health providers,
other health care professionals, day program and residential providers
on health issues affecting persons with developmental disabilities.
- San Gabriel/Pomona Regional Center
- Training for Health Care Professionals (96-97)
- This project provided a series of trainings for health care professionals to enhance their knowledge and expertise in the area of developmental disabilities.