1600 Ninth Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Wellness Women's Health Projects
- Central Valley Regional Center
- Women's Health (99-00)
- This project will provide ongoing screening and follow-up treatment
services for female consumers through a collaborative partnership with
established community clinics.
- Far Northern Regional Center
- Expanded Health Services For Women (97-98)
- This project includes the following:
- Monthly clinics for women with disabilities at the Shasta Women's Health Center.
- A consumer education and examination desensitization component.
- Development and implementation of a training curriculum for care providers and community health care providers.
- Telemedicine/teleconferencing capabilities.
- Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
- Lanterman-UCLA Peer Advocacy for the Reproductive Health of Women with Developmental Disabilities (99-00)
- The goal of this project is to improve the reproductive health of women
with developmental disabilities through a three-pronged training approach
that includes peer advocacy training, reproductive health and self-advocacy
training, and health care provider training.
- Redwood Coast Regional Center
- Enhanced Access to Women's Health Services For Individuals Unable to Cooperate for Exams (97-98)
- This project identified women who had not received proper health care
because of behavioral issues. Training and education was given for health
providers, office staff, parents and care providers to support these women
in receiving needed services in their health care providers' offices.
- Regional Center of the East Bay
- Women's Health (99-00)
- This project will provide specialized training and wheelchair accessible
examination tables for local health providers who agree to provide gynecological
care for female consumers. Training and individualized support services
will also be provided to consumers, their families, and care providers.
- Westside Regional Center
- Gynecological Services (96-97)
- This project provided gynecological services for adolescent and adult women. It included supports for women with behavioral issues and other women's general health related difficulties.