- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Work Services - Information for Families
The Benefits of Working
- Employment is important to the overall health and stability of any individual.
- Employment enables persons with developmental disabilities to approximate the pattern of everyday living of non-disabled persons of the same age in living arrangements, lifestyles and relationships.
- Employment offers wages, benefits, status and opportunities to make connections with coworkers and the community as a whole.
- Employment affords the community at large an opportunity to experience first hand the capabilities and contributions made by individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Employment offers a life with income rather than public benefits.
- Employment empowers an individual to dream and create a fulfilling career.
- Through work people develop relationships and gain self-esteem. They are not just in the community but they become a part of the community.
- Employment offers all people access to other community citizens, a path out of poverty, and independence from service systems.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.