1600 9th Street
P. O. Box 944202
Sacramento, CA 94244-2020
Info: (916) 654-1690
TTY: (916) 654-2054
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Family Cost Participation Program
The Family Cost Participation Program (FCPP) is established for the purpose of assessing a cost participation to parents of children who receive three specific regional center services: day care, respite, and/or camping. The Family Cost Participation Program is being implemented by the 21 regional centers statewide and applies to families who meet the following criteria:
- The child has a developmental disability or is eligible for services under the California Early Intervention Services Act.
- The child is zero through 17 years of age.
- The child lives in the parents' home.
- The child is not eligible for Medi-Cal .
The Family Cost Participation Program (FCPP) is created under the provisions of Welfare and Institutions Code Section 4783 and became effective January 1, 2005, with the adoption of emergency regulations. Final regulations became effective August 22, 2005. Legislation was passed in February 2008, to include consumers, age birth through 2, receiving respite, day care, and/or camping under the California Early Intervention Services Act (Early Start Program), effective October 1, 2008.
The Department of Developmental Services, in conjunction with the regional centers and the Association of Regional Center Agencies, developed a Family Cost Participation Program Guide that describes the FCPP.
- Family Cost Participation Program Guide
A calculator has been created to calculate a family's cost participation. (Note: Microsoft Excel is required to use the calculator).
- Family Cost Participation Calculator (Excel Spreadsheet- Updated 3/29/2013)
Frequently Asked Questions has been developed to assist you in understanding the law and how it may affect you and your family.