- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
DC TASK FORCE IMPLEMENTATION WORKGROUPS - 2014
To implement recommendations of the Health and Human Services Agency Task Force on the Future of Developmental Centers' January 13, 2014 report, "Plan for the Future of Developmental Centers in California," the Department of Developmental Services (Department) developed several proposals that were introduced with proposed revisions to the Governor's Budget in May and were signed into law in June as part of SB 856, the Developmental Services 2014-15 Budget trailer bill.
A series of three, two-day stakeholder workgroup meetings took place in late August and early September to provide initial input for the development of regulations, on the following topics:
- New Models of Care for Challenging Behavioral Needs
- Enhanced Behavioral Support Homes
- Community Crisis Homes
- Acute Crisis Units at Sonoma and Fairview Developmental Centers
- Community State Staff Program Expansion
- Developmental Center Resident Transition Planning
THE WORKGROUPS MET IN FRESNO, LOS ANGELES AND SACRAMENTO ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
FRESNO; August 27th and 28th
Hugh Burns State Building
2550 Mariposa Mall, Room 1036
Fresno, CA 93721
LOS ANGELES; September 3rd and 4th
Junipero Serra Office Building
320 W. 4th Street, Auditorium
Los Angeles, CA 90013
SACRAMENTO; September 10th and 11th
Department of Health Care Services
1700 K. Street, 1st Floor Conference Room
Sacramento, CA 95811
The workgroups included representation from throughout California, including organizations representing consumers and consumer advocates, family members, regional centers, and other stakeholders. To ensure that a wide range of local community perspectives were represented, organizations were asked to appoint a different regional representative to each workgroup location (Fresno, Los Angeles and Sacramento).
A pre-meeting conference call was held on Monday, August 25th at 2:30pm to provide background on the topics to help prepare participants for the workgroup meetings and to give the public a better understanding of the issues to be discussed. Written comments from the participants and the public were accepted through September 30, 2014.
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for the time and expertise shared by participants in the DC Task Force Implementation Workgroups. Participants' input on the initiatives regarding the new models of care, the acute crisis units, the community state staff program expansion and DC resident transition planning, was invaluable.
DDS is finalizing the draft emergency regulations for the new community models of care, utilizing the input received from the stakeholder process. DDS anticipates finalizing the draft emergency regulations in December 2014 and submitting for public comment no later than January 2015.
- Summary of 2014 DC Task Force Implementation Workgroup Meetings (11/18/2014)
- Consolidated Comments From Participants in the 2014 DC Task Force Implementation Workgroups (11/18/2014)
- Invitation Letter to Stakeholder Organizations – August 1, 2014
- DC Task Force Implementation Workgroups Agenda
- DC Task Force Implementation Workgroup Topic Points
- List of Invited Stakeholder Organizations and Individuals
- Full Text of SB 856
For more information on the workgroups, email John Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.