- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Title 17, Division 2
Chapter 3 - Community Services
SubChapter 4 - Residential Services and Quality Assurance Regulations
Article 12 - Secured Perimeters in Adult Residential Facilities and Group Homes
(a) “Lacks hazard awareness and impulse control” means the consumer's planning team has determined that the consumer poses a risk of harm to himself or herself or others by wandering off or running away from the residence and requires an enhancement to supervision through the use of delayed egress devices and secured perimeters without which the consumer would require placement in a more restrictive, locked residential setting.
(b) “Planning team” refers to the planning team defined in subdivision (j) of Section 4512 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, which develops and reviews a consumer's IPP through the planning process described in sections 4646 and 4646.5 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
Authority cited: Section 1531.15, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 1531.15, Health and Safety Code.
1. New article 12 (sections 56068-56074) and section filed 6-13-2013 as an emergency; operative 6-13-2013 (Register 2013, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-10-2013 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New article 12 (sections 56068-56074) and section refiled 11-21-2013 as an emergency; operative 12-11-2013 (Register 2013, No. 47). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 3-11-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 11-21-2013 order, including amendment of subsection (a), transmitted to OAL 1-28-2014 and filed 3-12-2014; amendments effective 3-12-2014 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2014, No. 11).