- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Title 17, Division 2
Chapter 3 - Community Services
SubChapter 4 - Residential Services and Quality Assurance Regulations
Article 12 - Secured Perimeters in Adult Residential Facilities and Group Homes
(a) The use of secured perimeters shall not substitute for adequate staff in sufficient numbers to meet the care and supervision needs of all consumers, including additional staffing as determined to be necessary by a consumer's regional center planning team.
(b) The licensee or applicant shall maintain one of the following documents in the consumer's individual consumer file maintained by the facility:
(1) The written consent for placement, described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 56073.
(2) A court order authorizing placement of the consumer in a non-state-operated facility utilizing secured perimeters.
(c) Grounds of residential facilities governed by this article may be fenced, and gates therein equipped with locks, provided safe dispersal areas are located not less than 50 feet (15240mm) from the buildings. Dispersal areas shall be sized to provide an area of not less than three square feet (0.282) per occupant. Gates shall not be installed across corridors or passageways leading to the dispersal areas unless they comply with the exit requirements of Section 1021 of the California Building Standards Code.
Authority cited: Section 1531.15, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 1531.15, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 6-13-2013 as an emergency; operative 6-13-2013 (Register 2013, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-10-2013 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 11-21-2013 as an emergency; operative 12-11-2013 (Register 2013, No. 47). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 3-11-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 11-21-2013 order transmitted to OAL 1-28-2014 and filed 3-12-2014 (Register 2014, No. 11).