- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
Documents identified by PDF (Portable Document Format) requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed and printed. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader, it can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
Title 17, Division 2
Chapter 3 - Community Services
SubChapter 4 - Residential Services and Quality Assurance Regulations
Article 12 - Secured Perimeters in Adult Residential Facilities and Group Homes
(a) Each regional center shall provide information to the statewide specialized resource service on the adult residential facilities and group homes, including number of beds in each facility, approved for utilizing secured perimeters in its catchment area.
(b) There shall be no more than 100 beds throughout the state in adult residential facilities and group homes, as provided in Section 1531.15 of the Health and Safety Code, and intermediate care facilities, as provided in Section 1267.75 of the Health and Safety Code, combined, utilizing secured perimeters in combination with delayed egress devices. The Department of Developmental Services may, after consulting with stakeholders, including regional centers and consumer advocates, periodically adjust the total bed limit to address unmet statewide needs.
(c) The Department of Social Services shall not have any role in monitoring or enforcing subdivisions (a) and (b).
(d) The initial or updated statewide limit on beds in facilities utilizing secured perimeters in combination with delayed egress devices, established pursuant to subdivision (b), shall be posted on the Department of Developmental Services Internet Web site, along with an updated list of the number of such beds that have been authorized, by regional center catchment area.
Authority cited: Sections 1267.75 and 1531.15, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1267.75 and 1531.15, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 6-13-2013 as an emergency; operative 6-13-2013 (Register 2013, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-10-2013 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 11-21-2013 as an emergency; operative 12-11-2013 (Register 2013, No. 47). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 3-11-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 11-21-2013 order, including new subsection (d), transmitted to OAL 1-28-2014 and filed 3-12-2014; amendments effective 3-12-2014 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2014, No. 11).