Provider Monthly Reporting
January 2021 and Ongoing
Technical Assistance and Training Agent – Disability Thrive Initiative
With the implementation of the Alternative Nonresidential Service Model, San Diego Regional Center (SDRC) and DDS identified the need for a Statewide Technical Assistance and Training Agent to coordinate different supports for service providers. Easterseals Southern California (ESSC) and California Disability Services Association (CDSA) were selected through a public Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
Together ESSC and CDSA established the Disability Thrive Initiative to provide important resources and supports to providers through December 2021:
- Free Training Webinars every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m.
- Free Consultations for Providers
- Peer-to-Peer Assistance
- Online Resource Library (including recordings of past training webinars)
The resources and materials developed by the Disability Thrive Initiative are available for viewing at www.scdd.ca.gov/IDDThrive.
Symposiums on Innovative and Alternative Services in Action
Please visit Creative Corner to view the recordings and presentations from the four part web series.
Alternative Services: Provider Briefing on Monthly Rates Wednesday, October 14, 2020 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- FAQs for Alternative Nonresidential Services – Updated July 17, 2021 NEW
- Preguntas Frecuentes Sobre Los Servicios Alternativos – Actualizado 17 de julio, 2021 SPANISHNEW
- 替代性⾮住宅服务（替代服务) CHINESE-SIMPLIFIED NEW
- 替代性⾮住宅服务（替代服务) CHINESE-TRADITIONAL NEW
- Mga Madalas Itanong tungkol sa mga Alternatibong Serbisyo TAGALOGNEW
- Các câu hỏi thường gặp về Dịch Vụ Thay Thế VIETNAMESENEW
Information for Individuals and Families
- Family Member Engagement Guide
- Guía de Participación Familiar SPANISH
- 家庭成员参与指南 CHINESE-SIMPLIFIED
- 家庭成員參與指南 CHINESE-TRADITIONAL
- Patnubay sa Pakikipag-ugnayan ng Miyembro ng Pamilya TAGALOG
- Hướng dẫn Tham gia cho Thành viên Gia đình VIETNAMESE
Alternative Nonresidential Services Town Hall Series
DDS held a series of Zoom “Town Hall” presentations to provide information on the alternative nonresidential services option. DDS provided an overview and answered technical questions, concerns and recommendations for operationalizing the new model. The same presentation was given at all four dates to accommodate as many schedules as possible.
August 13, 2021: Guidance Regarding Alternative Nonresidential Services NEW
- Enclosure: Methodology for Determining the Vendor Monthly Unit Rate for Group Supported Employment Providers for Alternative Services
- Enclosure A: Methodology for Determining Reimbursements for Transportation Providers for Alternative Services
- Enclosure B: Template for Reimbursement for Transportation Services for Alternative Services EXCEL
- Enclosure A: Suggested Template for Submitting Questions to the Regional Center WORD
- Enclosure B: Service Codes with Calculated Monthly Rates for Alternative Services
October 28, 2020: Update on Monthly Rates for Alternative Nonresidential Services
Last modified: February 4, 2022