Mental Health Services Act
Request for Applications
Funding Available for Regional Centers
Fiscal Years 2020-21 Through 2022-23
DDS is pleased to announce the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Cycle V Request for Applications (RFA). The MHSA, approved by voters in November 2004, allocates funds to assist counties and state agencies in meeting all responsibilities of the MHSA. DDS has $2.2 million in funding to award to regional centers to develop and implement innovative projects. The timeframe for these projects is July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2023. Projects focus on prevention, early intervention, and treatment for children and adult consumers with mental health diagnoses, as also provide support for families.
DDS will select projects that successfully integrate evidence-based models and techniques; incorporate performance-based approaches, interventions, and strategies; provide and ongoing, multi-disciplinary, collaborative process identifying local needs and ameliorating system challenges at the local level; and include a mechanism to share information and resources statewide.
Projects must address the fundamental MHSA concepts, which shall be embedded and continuously addressed in both local and county level collaboration efforts. These concepts consist of the following:
- community collaboration;
- cultural sensitivity and competence;
- consumer driven;
- family driven;
- wellness, recovery, and resilience focused; and
- integrated service experiences for clients and their families.
Applications were due by February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- DDS Application Guidelines PDF
- Addendum A Glossary WORD
- Addendum B. Example WORD
- Addendum C. Schedule WORD
- Attachment A-1. Checklist WORD
- Attachment A-2 . Cover Sheet WORD
- Attachment A-3. Application Summary WORD
- Attachment B. Project Info WORD
- Attachment C Timeline WORD
- Attachment D Budget Narrative WORD
- Attachment E Letters WORD
- Attachment F Assurances WORD
- Budget Worksheet EXCEL
Last modified: May 2, 2020