- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 12,804,410 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 950 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Developmental Services Task Force Meeting
- Thursday, July 24, 2014, 10:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. (Registration will open at 9:00 a.m.) at Sutter Center for Health Professions Building, 2700 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833.
- CHHS Secretary Diana S. Dooley Reconvenes DC Task Force
- California Health and Human Services Agency Secretary Diana S. Dooley today announced she will reconvene the Task Force that developed the Plan for the Future of Developmental Centers in California. The first meeting of the Task Force will be July 24, 2014.
- Rate Changes due to the Minimum Wage Increase
- Information on provider rate increases due to the change in minimum wage effective July 1, 2014.
- Keep Summer Fun by Keeping Children Safe – Drowning is Preventable
- A Message by Santi J. Rogers, Director of Department of Developmental Services, Tony Anderson, Executive Director, The Arc of California, Eileen Richey, Executive Director, Association of Regional Center Agencies, and Nadina Riggsbee, Founder of Drowning Prevention Foundation.