- What's New
- Developmental Center Closures
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Risk Management
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 28,831,752 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 60444 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Regional Center Purchase of Service Disparities Survey
In August 2016, the Department held four public meetings across California to gather feedback regarding disparities in Purchase of Service expenditures. The online survey is available for additional public input.
- June 2016 Trailer Bill Language Affecting Regional Centers
Letter to Regional Center Directors and Board Presidents regarding Trailer Bill language affecting regional centers, developmental centers and the developmental services system.
- Governor Brown to Host 85th Annual Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown will host the 85th Annual Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Monday, December 5th on the West Steps of the State Capitol. DDS congratulates seven-year-old twin boys, Alex and Alan Rosales, who were chosen by South Central Los Angeles Regional Center to help the Governor “flip the switch” to light the tree.