- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 15,201,274 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 72 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- California Announces Agreement with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for Continued Federal Funding for Sonoma Developmental Center
- California entered into an agreement on June 30, 2015, with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to continue federal financial participation for Sonoma Developmental Center (SDC) for up to two years. The settlement constitutes a stay of termination from the Medicaid Program that resulted from the decertification of several Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) residential units at SDC which were found in violation of federal requirements late last year.
- Rate Changes due to AB 1522, Employee Sick Leave
- Information on the implementation of AB 1522 which enacted the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014, entitling employees to receive specified sick leave, effective July 1, 2015.
- Governor's Letter on Drowning Prevention
- With the approach of summer weather and the swimming season, Governor Brown issued his support of Drowning Prevention. Drowning is the leading cause of injury-related deaths among children ages five and under. The Governor urges all Californians to enjoy activities but remain vigilant around babies and toddlers, and swimmers of all ages.
- Self-Determination Program Implementation Update
- An update on activities and information related to implementation of the Self-Determination Program (SDP); specifically, the status of the SDP Home and Community-Based Services Waiver application to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; the establishment of the SDP Local Volunteer Advisory Committees; and, the SDP enrollment process.
- Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint for Reform
- Information on the development and implementation of the Blueprint to improve Competitive Integrated Employment Outcomes.