- What's New
- Developmental Center Closures
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Risk Management
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 19,580,124 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 3052 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Employment and Day Programs Report
This report is developed per policy decision and is critical for the administration of employment and day program services to improve employment outcomes for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Emergency Regulations Updated
DDS proposed to adopt emergency regulations pertaining to the enactment of the End of Life Option Act.
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Amendments to Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver and 1915(i) State Plan
It is the Department of Developmental Services’ intent to amend both the HCBS Waiver and the 1915(i) State Plan in order to obtain federal approval for changes to provider payment rates.
- Rate Changes as a Result of ABX2-1 and the State Budget
Information about Vendor Rate Changes Effective July 1, 2016
- Governor's Letter on Drowning Prevention
With the approach of summer weather and the swimming season, Governor Brown issued his support of Drowning Prevention. Drowning is the leading cause of injury-related deaths among children ages five and under. The Governor urges all Californians to enjoy activities but remain vigilant around babies and toddlers, and swimmers of all ages.