- What's New
- Sonoma Developmental Center News
- Home and Community-Based Services Programs
- Consumer Privacy
- Mental Health Services Act
- Quality Assessment / National Core Indicators
- Direct Support Professional Training
- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 18,109,754 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 1826 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- DDS Joins the Governor and First Lady in honoring Jeffrey "J.J." Paris, the 2015 Capitol Christmas Tree Lighter, on December 2nd in Sacramento
The Department of Developmental Services joins Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown in celebrating the 84th Annual Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the State Capitol.
- Rate Changes due to the Minimum Wage Increase
Information on provider rate increases due to the change in minimum wage effective January 1, 2016.
- Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. and First Lady Anne Gust Brown will host the 84th Annual Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Wednesday, December 2nd
The tree is decorated with 900 hand-crafted ornaments made by children and adults with developmental disabilities who receive services and support from the state's development centers and 21 nonprofit regional centers.
- Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint for Reform
Information on the development and implementation of the Blueprint to improve Competitive Integrated Employment Outcomes.