- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 13,425,493 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 2991 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- 2015 Lanterman Act
- Available in PDF includes Supplemental Codes.
- DDS Fact Book - Twelfth Edition
- The DDS Fact Book offers a look at the demographics and characteristics of individuals served by DDS.
- CMS Home and Community-Based Services Regulations
- Information on the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regulations for Home and Community-Based Services.
- Update on Rate Adjustments Planned for January 1, 2015
- Letter regarding the impact of the United States District Court's temporary restraining order on the 5.82% rate increase scheduled to begin January 1, 2015.
- Self-Determination Waiver Application Submitted
- The Department is pleased to announce that on December 31, 2014, a Home and Community-Based Services Waiver application seeking federal funding for the Self-Determination Program was submitted to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Budget Highlights
- Governor's Budget for the Department of Developmental Services.