- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 15,688,772 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 3958 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Self-Determination Program Informational Video
- An informational video about the Self-Determination Program is now available. Versions of the video translated in multiple languages will be available soon.
- Implementation of June 2015 Trailer Bill Language
- Letter to Regional Center Directors and Board Presidents regarding Trailer Bill language affecting regional centers, developmental centers and the
developmental services system.
- Self Determination Program and Waiver Application Update
- Updated information on the Self-Determination Program, including a revised Waiver application that is now posted for comment for at least 30 days as required by the federal government.
- Competitive Integrated Employment Blueprint for Reform
- Information on the development and implementation of the Blueprint to improve Competitive Integrated Employment Outcomes.