- Laws & Regulations
- Budget Information
- Facts & Stats
- DDS Forms
- Publications & Other Resources
- Public Records Requests
- Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Small Business and Disabled Veterans Advocates
- Newsroom/Media Access
- Contact Us
There have been 12,288,131 visitors to this page since the start of this site on July 1, 1996. You are visitor number 805 today.
Welcome to DDS
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provided through state-operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Information About Services
- Who Is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Employment Opportunities
- Mental Health Services Act Request for Applications
- Funding is available for Regional Centers for Fiscal Years 2014-15 through 2016-17 to develop and implement innovative mental health projects.
- Governor Brown appointed Santi J. Rogers and John Doyle to new leadership at DDS
- Governor Brown appointed Santi J. Rogers as director and John Doyle as chief deputy director of the Department of Developmental Services.
- Early Start Part C Annual Grant Application
- The Department of Developmental Services, as lead agency for Part C, is providing the public the opportunity to review and comment on Californias draft application for 2014 federal early intervention funds.
- Public Notice
- The Department of Developmental Services entered into an Agreement with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) regarding recent surveys of Fairview, Porterville, and Lanterman Developmental Centers.
- Uniform Holiday Schedule
- Pursuant to Welfare & Institutions Code section 4692 (e), the Department of Developmental Services is adjusting the Uniform Holiday Schedule for specified vendors in Fiscal Year 2013-14.