The safety of all Californians with intellectual and developmental disabilities is our highest priority. We are facing changes in almost every part of our lives. To help limit the spread of COVID-19, regional centers and service providers are dedicated and working with consumers and their communities to identify different ways to help.
This page provides links to general information about COVID-19 and resources. If you still have questions after reading this information and talking with your local regional center and/or your local county public health office, you can email DDSC19@dds.ca.gov. We will check this email daily and route questions to the correct DDS staff for response(s).
Over the next few months, our days are probably going to look very different because of the changes we are making to keep people safe. Please stay safe, stay healthy, and help take care of each other.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Individuals and Families – updated March 25, 2020
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- The number of COVID-19 current cases confirmed can be found on the COVID-19 Updates page
- To contact a Regional Center, please visit the Regional Center Listings page
- Learn how to protect yourself and loved ones
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Admissions and Discharges from State-Operated Facilities
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Eligibility, In-Home Respite Workers and Family Fees
- March 25, 2020: Guidance for Reporting Incidents Related to COVID-19
- March 23, 2020: Guidance for Immediate Risk Management Strategies for ARFPSHN and ICF/DD-CN
- March 23, 2020: Guidance for Visits to Licensed Residential Facilities
- March 20, 2020: Guidance for Regional Center Requests for Placement into Licensed Residential Settings
- March 20, 2020: Guidance for Fingerprint Clearance and Exemption Transfers
- March 18, 2020: Guidance for Flexibility in Provision of Services and Supports for Consumers and Providers
- March 18, 2020: Guidance for Regional Center Monitoring Staff and Activities
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Regional Centers to Pay Vendors for Absences as a Result of COVID-19
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Waiving Requirements for In-Person Eligibility, Services, or Individual Program Plan Meetings and Authority to Regional Centers for Health & Safety Waiver Exemptions
- March 12, 2020: Guidance for Consumers in a Day Program at High Risk for Serious Illness to Stay Home
We will keep working together to find options to meet existing and new service needs. Your continued partnership is essential during this critical time to support our community. Please stay safe and stay healthy. Thank you for your tireless work.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Vendors and Service Providers – updated March 25, 2020
- Guidance Documents: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Provider Information Notices, Adult and Senior Care (ASC) Program, California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Community Care Licensing Division
- Center for Health Care Quality All Facilities Letters, California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Press Release – March 21, 2020: Governor Issues Executive Order to Fight the COVID-19 Surge
- Press Release – March 12, 2020: Governor Issues Executive Order to Protect Licensed Facilities, Staff & Residents Most Vulnerable to COVID-19
- Press Release – March 12, 2020: Governor Issues Guidance for State & Local Governments to Respond to COVID-19
- Press Release – March 4, 2020: Governor Declares State of Emergency to Help State Prepare for Spread of COVID-19
For additional Press Releases, Executive Orders, Media Advisories and other updates, please visit the Governor’s Newsroom.
Last modified: March 26, 2020