As of October 2, 2017, the deadline to submit the ABX2-1 Provider Survey has passed and the Survey Portal is now closed.
New Provider Rates Effective July 1, 2016
The following is information on the rate changes for vendors affected by the enactment of Assembly Bill (AB) X2-1 and the State Budget. The rate changes will be effective July 1, 2016. For specific information on the vendor rate changes, including how rates were adjusted and which vendors are affected, please see the Department’s letter mailed to regional centers on June 24, 2016.
New Rates Set By The Department
- Community-Based Day Programs and In-Home Respite AgenciesPDF
- Community Care FacilitiesPDF
- See Trailer Bill for Information on New Community Care Facility 4-Bed RatesPDF
- Work Activity and Supported Employment ProgramsPDF
Rates Set Through Negotiation Between Regional Centers & Vendors
- The following chart with percentage increases for all vendors, includes the service codes where rates are set through negotiation: ABX2-1 Service Provider Reimbursement Rate IncreasesPDF
Rates Set In Regulaton
- Respite under Service Codes 420, 465, and 864 – The new rate is $15.23 per hour.
- Financial Management Services, FEA – Service Code 490 – The maximum rates are $45.88, $71.37, or $96.86 per month.
- Financial Management Services, Co-Employer – Service Code 491 – The maximum rate is $96.86 per month.
- Participant-Directed Community-Based Training Services Service Code 475 – The rate is $14.99 per hour.
- Non-Mobile Supplemental Staffing – The supplemental rate for Community-Based Day Programs will increase to $1.34 per hour.
Where Can I Get More Information
Please visit the Survey to Determine Provider Rate Increases webpage for information on the process for determining rate increases due to ABX2-1.
Contact your local Regional Center
The Department of Developmental Services: Non-Residential Rates: (916) 654-2300 | Residential Rates: (916) 654-2140
Last modified: November 21, 2019