- The HCBS Waiver Primer and Policy Manual PDF
- HCBS Waiver for Individuals with DD Brochure (English | Spanish) PDF
The federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved California’s five year renewal of the Home and Community–Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for Californians with Developmental Disabilities effective January 1, 2018. Approval of the HCBS Waiver renewal secures the availability of approximately $2 billion in federal funding for regional center services.
- Approved Waiver Amendment PDF Effective April 1, 2020, this amendment adds State-operated Community Crisis Homes, Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes, and Mobile Crisis Teams as new waiver services.
- Approved Waiver Amendment PDF Effective January 1, 2020, this amendment provides time-limited rate increases for specified services effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2021.
- Approved Waiver Amendment PDF (Effective May 1, 2019. Added Community Crisis Homes, Community Based Adult Services, and includes authorization for a one-year rate increase of 2.1% for some providers in counties designated as “high cost”)
- Approved Technical Adjustment PDF (Effective July 1, 2018)
- Approved Waiver Application PDF (Effective January 1, 2018)
- State Plan Amendment (SPA 19-0004) PDF (Effective May 1, 2019. The 1915(i) State Plan was revised to implement a one-year rate increase for community-based day programs, community care facilities under the alternative residential model and in-home respite agency providers in high-cost counties.)
- State Plan Amendment (SPA 18-0054) PDF (Effective July 1, 2018. The 1915(i) State Plan was revised to add services and align with the 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services waiver renewal that became effective January 1, 2018.)
- State Plan Amendment (SPA 18-0023) PDF (Effective July 1, 2018. The 1915(i) State Plan was revised to add services and align with the 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services waiver renewal that became effective January 1, 2018.)
- State Plan Amendment (SPA 16-047) PDF (Effective October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2021. Added a median rate methodology for licensed/certified residential services; participant direction as an option for existing respite, skilled nursing, and nonmedical transportation services; and new community-based training and financial management services)
- State Plan Amendment Renewal (SPA 16-016) PDF (Effective October 1, 2016)
More information on the new federal regulations and the activities to implement the specific requirements is available on the CMS Home and Community-Based Services Regulations webpage.
More information is available on the Self-Determination Program webpage.
CA.0336.R04.04 This 1915(c) waiver amendment adds State-Operated Mobile Crisis Team as a provider type under Behavioral Intervention Services. Additionally, this amendment added rate methodologies for State-Operated Mobile Crisis Team and State-Operated Community Crisis Homes, both under Behavioral Intervention Services, as well as a rate methodology for State-Operated Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes under Community Living Arrangement Services.
CA.0336.R04.03 This 1915(c) waiver amendment provides time-limited rate increases for specified providers effective January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
19-0004 This state plan amendment provides rate increases for Community-Based Day Programs, Community Care Facilities under the Alternative Residential Model, and In-Home Respite Agency Providers in high cost counties.
CA.0336.R04.02 This 1915(c) waiver amendment adds Community Crisis Homes as a new provider, Community Based Adult Services as a new waiver service, Adult Day Health Care Center as a new provider, and provides time-limited rate increases for specified providers in high cost counties.
18-0054 This state plan amendment proposes to add Community Crisis Homes as a new provider for Behavioral Intervention Services, subject to utilization controls.
18-0023 This state plan amendment adds Housing Access Services, Family Support Services, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Family/Consumer Training, as well as Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes as a new provider type. The amendment also removes Specialized Therapeutic Services and unbundling of its components, now available as Extended State Plan or other distinct services within the HCBS Waiver for the Developmentally Disabled.
CA.0336.R04.00 Renews 1915(c) HCBS Waiver.
CA.0336.R03.00 Renewal Extension Grants a 90-day extension to renew the 1915(c) HCBS Waiver.
Last modified: March 6, 2020