The Department expanded vendor-operated services to include intensive transition services (also referred to as ITS). These services are offered to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and co-occurring psychiatric disabilities. ITS provides additional support to individuals moving from an IMD, PDC, or restrictive setting to a less restrictive setting in the community.
Characteristics of Services
Intensive transition services include the following:
- Risk assessments;
- Developing comprehensive Person-Centered Plans;
- Making recommendations to planning teams;
- Providing intensive preparatory services to individuals and their Interdisciplinary Teams;
- Training and evaluation pre-transition and during transition as identified in the Individual Program Plan;
- Supporting individuals with complex service needs during the transition process;
- Training families and community-based service providers.
Last modified: April 20, 2022