Family Cost Participation Program
(Emergency and Proposed Regulations)
Description The Office of Administrative Law has approved regulations for the purpose of assessing a cost participation to parents of children who receive three specific regional center services: day care, respite, and /or camping. The Family Cost Participation Program (FCPP) applies to families who meet the following criteria:
- The child has a developmental disability.
- The child is three through 17 years of age.
- The child lives in the parents’ home.
- The child is not eligible for Medi-Cal.
This program became effective on January 1, 2005, and will be implemented by the 21 regional centers.
Affected Regulatory Code Sections Title 17, California Code of Regulations, Sections 50243, 50245, 50247, 50249, 50251, 50253, 50255, 50257, 50259, 50261, 50262, 50263, 50265 and 50267.
History of Rulemaking Proceeding
Emergency Regulations submitted to the California Office of Administrative Law: December 22, 2004
Effective Date of Emergency Regulations: January 1, 2005
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: January 11, 2005
Last Day of 15-Day Public Comment Period: April 28, 2005
Last Day of Second 15-Day Public Comment Period: June 7, 2005
Final text of the Regulations filed with the Secretary of State: June 9, 2005
Effective Date of Regulations: August 22, 2005
Emergency Rulemaking Documents:
Regular Rulemaking Documents:
- Final Text of Regulations (08/22/2005) PDF
- Final Statement of Reasons (08/22/2005) PDF
- Second 15-Day Comment Notice (05/23/2005) PDF
- Revised Text of Regulations (Updated 05/23/2005) PDF
- 15-Day Comment Notice (04/14/2005) PDF
- Revised Text of Regulations (04/14/2005) PDF
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (01/06/2005) PDF
- Initial Statement of Reasons (01/06/2005) PDF
- Text of Regulations (01/06/2005) PDF
Last modified: February 27, 2023