DDS drafts and implements regulations that carry out the Department’s statutory responsibilities. These regulations are promulgated under Title 17 of the California Code of Regulations. In developing these regulations, the Department must follow the California Administrative Procedures Act rulemaking requirements regarding public review and comment.
The DDS regulations that are in effect are published in the California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 17, Division 2.
EMERGENCY AND PROPOSED REGULATIONS (IN PROCESS)
- Early Intervention Services – Part C (Effective 5/12/2022)
- Section 100 – Address Update (Effective 7/1/2021)
- Early Intervention Services (Withdrawn 12/7/2020)
- Early Intervention Services (Effective 10/1/2019)
- Speech-language Pathology (Effective 7/01/2019)
- Community Crisis Homes (Effective 3/25/2019)
- Enhanced Behavioral Supports Homes (Effective 5/09/2017)
- Developmental Center Safe-to-Serve Evaluation
- End of Life Option Act
- Electronic Records and Signatures
To submit comments on proposed DDS regulations by U.S. Mail, please address to:
Regulations Unit Department of Developmental Services 1215 O Street (MS 9-10) Sacramento, CA 95814
Last modified: May 17, 2022