The Family Cost Participation Program is suspended. Pursuant to Welfare & Institutions Code 4783(o), commencing July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023, inclusive, regional centers shall suspend existing and new assessments and reassessments of the cost participation. The suspensions shall no longer occur on or after July 1, 2023.
The Family Cost Participation Program (FCPP) is established for the purpose of assessing a cost participation to parents of children who receive three specific regional center services: day care, respite, and/or camping. The Family Cost Participation Program is being implemented by the 21 regional centers statewide and applies to families who meet the following criteria:
- The child has a developmental disability or is eligible for services under the California Early Intervention Services Act.
- The child is zero through 17 years of age.
- The child lives in the parents’ home.
- The child is not eligible for Medi-Cal.
A calculator has been created to calculate a family’s cost participation. (Note: Microsoft Excel is required to use the calculator).
- Family Cost Participation Calculator (Excel Spreadsheet- Updated 4/2/2018)
Last modified: April 29, 2023