The Regional Resource Development Project (RRDP) was initially piloted in 1987 and authorized by the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Services Act in September 2002. At the time, each of the seven developmental centers (DCs) had an RRDP assigned to assist in activities related to admissions, transition planning, deflection and resource development.
The RRDPs are designed to:
- Assist consumers and their interdisciplinary planning teams with planning and transition from DCs to community living alternatives and provide post placement follow up.
- Assess consumers experiencing difficulty in their community environment and identify possible supports to preserve their community living arrangements.
- Arrange for and conduct an assessment of individuals in need of acute crisis services following an initial review and notification by the regional center.
- Assist in the transition to, or preservation of, community living arrangements by providing focused training on specific needs to consumers, families, service providers and regional center staff.
- Communicate with the regional centers regarding the development of the annual Community Placement Plan.
In the late 1990’s, Stockton and Camarillo DCs were closed, leaving the Delta and Westlake RRDPs to continue to serve consumers in those geographic areas. In 2008 the Delta and Westlake Regional Projects were closed.
In 2011, when Agnews DC was closed and the land was transferred to the Department of General Services, the Regional Project of the Bay Area (RPBA) was relocated before closing in 2014.
On June 30, 2015, the Lanterman Regional Project was relocated to Fairview DC. The remaining RRDPs at Sonoma DC, Porterville DC and the South Coast RRDP that serves Fairview DC and Canyon Springs continue to serve consumers throughout California.
For further information contact your local regional center or the RRDP that serves your area.
|RRDP||Director||Developmental Centers/State-Operated Community Facilities Served|
|Porterville Regional Project
P.O. Box 2000
26501 Avenue 140
Porterville, CA 93258-2000
|Sherrie Molina||Porterville Developmental Center|
|Sonoma Regional Project
15000 Arnold Drive
P.O. Box 1493
Eldridge, CA 95431
|Kim Garcia||Sonoma Developmental Center|
|South Coast Regional Project
2501 Harbor Blvd., Building 20
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
|Samantha Steele||Fairview Developmental Center and former Lanterman Developmental Center Consumers|
|Regional Projects Branch
1215 O Street (MS 6-10)
Sacramento, CA 95814
|Dawn Percy, Deputy Director||Headquarters|
Last modified: July 1, 2021