The State-Operated Stabilization Training Assistance Reintegration (STAR) homes are committed to affording each consumer a safe and nurturing environment where opportunities for growth, realization, self-expression and goal achievement is celebrated. The homes strive to empower individuals to be self-reliant as their skills, strengths, perseverance and abilities allow so they can transition from crisis stabilization services to long-term community living. STAR provides services to adolescents (7-17 years old) and adults (18 years of age and older) with developmental disabilities receiving regional center services and who are in need of time-limited crisis stabilization services for up to 13 months. STAR homes provide person-centered support and crisis stabilization to the individuals being served, so that they can successfully transition to a community living setting.
North STAR – Vacaville, CA
- North STAR 1 is a 5-bed Community Crisis Home serving adults ages 18 and older.
- North STAR 2 is a 5-bed Children’s Community Crisis home serving adolescents ages 12-17.
- North STAR 3 is projected to open early 2023 and will serve children ages 7-12.
Central Valley STAR – Springville/Porterville, CA
- Central Valley STAR 1 is a 5-bed crisis home temporarily at Porterville Developmental Center and serving adolescents ages 12-17. Central Valley STAR 2 will be located in Porterville and is projected to open in Summer 2022. The home will be a 5-bed Community Crisis Home serving adults ages 18 and older.
South STAR – Costa Mesa, CA
- South STAR 1 is a 5-bed Children’s Community Crisis home serving adolescents ages 12-17. South STAR 2 is a 5-bed Community Crisis Home serving adults ages 18 and older.
Last modified: April 20, 2022