THE BENEFITS OF WORKING
- Employment is important to the overall health and stability of any individual.
- Employment offers wages, benefits, status and opportunities to make connections with coworkers and the community as a whole.
- Employment affords the community at large an opportunity to experience first had the capabilities and contributions made by individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Employment offers a life with income rather than public benefits.
- Employment empowers an individual to dream and create a fulfilling career.
- Through work people develop relationships and gain self-esteem. They are not just in the community but they become a part of the community.
- Employment offers all people access to other community citizens, a path out of poverty, and independence from service systems.
Last modified: October 30, 2019