Listed below are the current rates by service type.
Rates by Regional Center for the following services:
- Adult Community Care Facilities (Residential)
- Children’s Community Care Facilities
- Community – Based Day Programs and In-Home Respite Agencies
- Work Activity and Supported Employment Programs Rates
- Other Rates
Long-Term Care Rate Table
For information on Long Term Care rates please visit the Medi-Cal website.
California Department of Health Care Services’ Medi-Cal Schedule of Maximum Allowances (SMA). Regulations require regional centers to reimburse providers of services listed in the schedule at rates no higher than the rates specified in the SMA.
Self-Directed Supported Services rates by Regional Center. Service Code 099.
Other Rates NEW
- Participant-Directed Personal Assistance – Service Code 456 – $20.07 per consumer per hour, effective January 1, 2023.
- Participant-Directed Independent Living Services – Service Code 457 – $20.99 per consumer per hour, effective January 1, 2023.
- Participant-Directed Supported Employment – Service Code 458 – $29.50 per consumer per hour, effective January 1, 2023.
- Financial Management Services, FEA – Service Code 490 – The maximum rates are $45.88 per consumer per month for one Participant-Directed Service, $71.37 per consumer per month for two or three Participant-Directed Services, or $96.86 per consumer per month for four or more Participant-Directed Services, effective July 1, 2016.
- Financial Management Services, Co-Employer – Service Code 491 – The maximum rate is $96.86 per month, effective July 1, 2016.
- Non-Mobile Supplemental Staffing – The supplemental rate for Community-Based Day Programs is:
- $1.86 per hour, effective January 1, 2023.
- Financial Management Services rates for individuals participating in the Self-Determination program.
Coordinated Family Supports Service RatesNEW
Past Community Care Facilities (Residential) Rates
Lists the historical rates paid for consumers living in residential facilities based on the facility service level. The rate schedule included rates for both facilities vendored for five beds or more and facilities vendored four beds or less.
- January 2016 | July 2016 | January 2017 | January 2018 | January 2019 | May 2019 | January 2020 | May 2020 | January 2021 | January 2022 PDF
This page contains answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding reimbursement rates for services provided to persons with developmental disabilities.
Last modified: August 22, 2023