The documents below are in Adobe Acrobat PDF and may require a current version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be correctly viewed and printed.
Workbook and Materials
The Feeling Safe, Being Safe workbook will help you make a plan that you can use in case of an emergency. The videos demonstrate how to complete the workbook and put together a home emergency kit. The printable magnet lets you post your important emergency contact information on your refrigerator for first responders.
Click on any of the grey boxes below for more information about each title. When you’re done reading or watching what is in the box, you can click on the title again. This will close the box back up. Click on the title to open the box again.
Introduction & Materials
The Emergency Worksheet
The Emergency Kit
- Emergency Kit Supply List PDF
- Spanish PDF
- Background PDF
- This 22-page booklet describes why and how the DDS Consumer Advisory Committee, worked for 18 months to develop Feeling Safe, Being Safe – emergency preparedness tools for a wide range of people and field-tested the tools to make sure that the materials could work for everyone.
- Frequently Asked Questions PDF about trainings on the emergency preparedness materials
Preparing for a Disaster
Video is also available in the following languages
- Preparing for a Disaster (ASL)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Descriptive Audio)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Spanish)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Vietnamese)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Chinese)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Korean)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Russian)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Hmong)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Khmer)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Armenian)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Arabic)
- Preparing for a Disaster (Farsi)
Medical Baseline Program
- Medical Baseline Allowance Program & Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Information PDF
- Cal OES AFN Library
- Emergency Preparedness Planning, Reporting and Readiness PDF
- Active Shooter Awareness Guidance PDF
Last modified: May 2, 2022