The Budget Act for Fiscal Year 2021-22 provided funding for DDS to establish Enhanced Service Coordination for individuals from diverse communities with low or no purchase of service (POS) expenditures. Service coordinators who are assigned to Enhanced Service Coordination will have caseloads of 40 individuals/families, which is smaller than the caseloads carried by other service coordinators.
The reduced caseload is intended to improve service access and delivery for individuals from diverse communities who face barriers to regional center services, such as those who are non-white, non-English speaking, and hearing impaired. With smaller caseloads, specially trained service coordinators can provide focused support and increased service coordination to the individuals and families who participate in Enhanced Service Coordination.
- Enhanced Service Coordination Updates – March 29, 2023 PDF
- Update of Enhanced Service Coordination – March 13, 2023 PDF
- Enclosure PDF
- Guidelines for Enhanced Service Coordination – April 26, 2022 PDF
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – English PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Spanish PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Traditional Chinese PDF
Last modified: April 29, 2023